Tiffany Announces 2040 Net-Zero Carbon Pledge

By John Jeffay / November 20, 2022 / www.idexonline.com / Article Link

(IDEX Online) - Tiffany & Co. has announced a raft of measures aimed at achieving net-zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.

It says that by 2030 emissions from its own stores, distribution centers, manufacturing and offices should be down 70 per cent and from its supply chain by 40 per cent.

By 2040 is should reach net-zero. Total emissions should be down by 90 per cent, with high-quality carbon removals being used to achieve the remaining 10 per cent reduction.

In a statement issued as the COP27 climate conference draws to a close in Egypt, the New York-based jeweler says it will move toward sourcing 100 per cent of precious metals (gold, silver and platinum) from known recycled sources. 

 

It will also Investing in sustainable transportation, build and retrofit more sustainable buildings, use 100 per cent renewable electricity by 2030 and prioritize projects that protect and restore natural ecosystems, reduce carbon emissions and empower local communities.

"Tiffany & Co. believes that a net-zero emissions future is not only possible ???,?" it is an urgent priority," the company said.

"Beyond these ongoing efforts, the House will continue to advocate for responsible climate action throughout its supply chain and the broader jewelry industry."

 

Recent News

Growth expectations for some Big Miners at or above levels of Big Tech

February 19, 2024 / www.canadianminingreport.com

Gold stocks drop as metal and equity markets slide

February 19, 2024 / www.canadianminingreport.com

TSXV large cap gold up even as sector ETFs struggle

February 12, 2024 / www.canadianminingreport.com

Gold stocks slide as US tech steals market thunder

February 12, 2024 / www.canadianminingreport.com

Gold stocks dip as US large-cap tech boosted by earnings

February 06, 2024 / www.canadianminingreport.com
See all >
Share to Youtube Share to Facebook Facebook Share to Linkedin Share to Twitter Twitter Share to Tiktok